Sunday, January 31, 2010

Maybe It's Not So Bad . . .


Last week I had some pretty harsh--albeit hasty--words concerning Apple's announcement of their new iPad device. David Jaffe, video game designer extraordinaire (most notable for Twisted Metal and God of War), sounds off on why he thinks he really, really wants this toy RIGHT NOW! You can read his take on the gadget by clicking on the link below:

http://criminalcrackdown.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-defense-of-ipad.html

He makes some pretty good points. For me, the most exciting thing about the iPad is indeed the eReader functionality. I'm just not sure it will really be able to do all the things that Jaffe hopes it will. Reading my magazine subscriptions and graphic novels digitally and in full color would be SWEET! In addition to standard novels and non-fiction books, of course.

But still, I ain't paying no $500 for something I would only use as an eReader. All the other functions of the iPad are already covered by my iPhone.

2 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

$500 OMG that is waaaaaaaaayyyyyy out of my reach.

thE gEOgrAphicAlly blind said...

i am an anti-apple...

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin