Friday, January 1, 2010

First!

Don't really have anything to write about today. Just wanted to start off the brand new year with a blog entry, anemic though it may be. Guess I can voice some of my random musings, if nothing else:

Next week I return to work. Doesn't feel like I've had much of a 2-week vacation due to all the running around and errands I had to do, but it wasn't overly stressful either. That's always a good thing. Don't know that I'm ready to jump back into office work, though. I could probably use another month or two away. :)

Playing Uncharted 2 for the Playstation 3. What an awesome game! As of right now, I can't see how it can NOT be Game of the Year. 2nd place, imo, would go to Batman: Arkham Asylum. Most gamers would put Modern Warfare 2 in the 1st or 2nd slot, but while I thoroughly enjoyed the game, the single-player mode was simply too slim to qualify as a full-fledged game.

Looking ahead for the year, I think I'll be cutting back on short stories a bit and focusing more on the practice novel, which has yet to be started. I still have an outline to write before I jump into that experience, but I'm upbeat about it all. Rather exciting, actually.

Re: movies -- For the immediate future, I'm looking forward to The Book of Eli and Legion in the month of January. Clash of the Titans in March. Kick-Ass in April. And a slew of other films for the summer blockbuster season beginning in May, chief among them Iron Man 2! I don't know how 2010 will possibly top 2009 in overall movie awesomeness, but I'm willing to wait and see.

As for travel? I was thinking of cutting back on all the trips this year so that we can save more money. But there are just so many places I still want to visit! First and foremost, we almost definitely will be returning to Paris. We might even visit the south of France, if I can figure out how to make it work given that neither of us speak a lick of French. That's doable when you visit such an urbane and international metropolis like Paris; doesn't seem to work so well anywhere else in France, though. Unless I'm wrong.

Other possible destinations for the year include Rome and Naples; a Mediterranean cruise to the Greek Isles; a combo England/Scotland excursion; and Tunisia in northern Africa.

Realistically, we'll probably only get the France trip in. But if we can do a second, the Greece cruise sounds lovely to me.

Hmmm, I think I'm fresh out of musings right now. So anyway, here's to my very first post on the very first day of the new year. May there be many more!

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin