Monday, January 11, 2010

Two Trailers For The Price Of None



We get our first look at the new A-Team movie coming out this year which, as I'm sure I don't need to tell you, is yet another Hollywood remake of a beloved 80s tv show. But I think what everyone is interested in knowing is: who's playing whom? Well, check out the trailer below to see for yourself:





For those who need the help, the main players are: Liam Neeson (Taken; The Phantom Menace) as Hannibal; Bradley Cooper (The Hangover; Alias) as Faceman; Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (UFC fighter-turned-actor) as B.A. Baracus; and Sharlto Copley (District 9) as Murdock. Yes, I'm quite as surprised as you are by the last, but judging from this video he seems to be playing the role remarkably well.

I'm of mixed feelings regarding this trailer. On the one hand it's very cool that they used the tv show's opening monologue. And they also managed to weave a rendition of the theme music into the trailer as well. But on the other hand there's this faint whiff of cheese in the air that I find disturbing. When Hannibal delivers his trademark "I love it when a plan comes together" line and the others start laughing, it's a little too forced. As if they're trying too hard to make this all seem cool. Should I be worried?

Actually, on second viewing, I can see now that the reactions are actually edited close-ups from other moments in the movie. So the actual scene of Hannibal saying that line probably has more natural reactions from the other men.

Still, I can see this being fun. That last bit of the trailer scores major AWESOME points in my book. A tank in mid-air taking out an enemy plane? OH YEAH!!! :)

So I'll give this a chance. Not quite sold on B.A. yet, but I guess there weren't too many choices for the role. I thought Common would be doing it, especially since he was in director Joe Carnahan's previous flick, Smokin' Aces. Oh well. We shall see, we shall see . . .

Just last week, I posted a bunch of trailers and teasers promoting the April release of Kick-Ass the movie, based on the comics by Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. Well, it looks like the 2nd official trailer is out now, showing off more of the actual storyline. Click on the above link to watch the earlier trailers first if you haven't done so, then take a gander at the new one below:



Ha-ha, AWESOME! I'm really looking forward to this. I love that at least someone in-movie brought up the Batman connection with Nicholas Cage's Big Daddy costume. Would make sense, in real life I mean, if someone wanted to be a costumed vigilante. Why not imitate the Dark Knight himself? And if you had to, why not Chris Nolan's version of the Caped Crusader at that? It's what I would do.

Kick-Ass is making April a fun month to look forward to at the movies. Yay!

1 comment:

Ashe Hunt said...

Oh yeah! And it's coming out in my month too. Can't wait.

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin