Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Trouble With Comments, Redux

Last week I mentioned in this post how comments have been acting screwy across the board on Blogger lately. Many people, including yours truly, are experiencing problems with Blogger's remote login ID. For this reason I haven't been able to comment on people's blogs as frequently as I'm accustomed to doing of late because I can only do so now from one computer--my home PC, which is permanently signed in at all times.

From all other PCs, my Blogger Google login ID doesn't seem to recognize me anymore. So frustrating! Especially because I almost never leave comments when I'm at home. I usually do them on my mobile smartphone when I'm out and about.

But now it seems some of you are having problems leaving comments on my site, too! And that's totally not acceptable, like, AT ALL!


No Stairway. Denied!

I figured a quick little workaround for this, however. I noticed that the only blogs I can leave comments on are those which have the comments reply form setup as a separate page--and not embedded as a small blank window at the bottom of each blog post like I have it here.

So, starting from today I've switched the settings for all comments on this blog to a separate page form. From now on, you'll have to click on the "Post a Comment" link at the very bottom of the page to be taken to a separate page for leaving feedback. Simple, and not unlike the setup on many other blogs. The difference is that this method seems to solve the login ID problem, at least temporarily.

Again, this is only to assist those of you who have e-mailed me expressing deep regrettable sadness at not being able to leave comments anymore on The Bimillennial Man. Most of you, however, are fine and/or using a different browser like Chrome or Firefox which doesn't seem to be affected.

Yeah, lucky you. Don't rub it in.

In the meantime, I hope you all enjoy your day. It's hotter than Hades' ass crack here in the city today--97 degrees! And it's not even officially summer yet!

I'll also be putting up my Game of Thrones episode 8 reactions very shortly. So keep an eye our for that, would you kindly?

Thankee, sai.

7 comments:

watchtower said...

First!

(Sorry David I couldn't help myself, but dammit somebody has to be first on your new comment format and it happened to be me! lol)

Rodney said...

Okay, so what you're saying here is that the temperature of Hades' ass crack is less than 97 degrees?? I shudder to think how you came by this information, David.

I like the new comments format... Very cool.

David Batista said...

Watchtower -- Excellent! And for your expediency, you get . . . these lovely parting gifts!

LOL! When I was kid watching Wheel or Fortune or some other such game show, I always thought they were saying "party gifts." I was thoroughly confused.

David Batista said...

Rodney -- rectal thermometer. I would've had Kratos do it, but he would have literally tore Hades several new ones like he did in God of War 3. And that totally ruins the results!

getyourselfconnected said...

Oh Geez am I gonna have to do this two? Is the setting on the dashboard?

David Batista said...

I forget if yours is one of the blogs I can't comment on during the day, GYSC. I'll check tomorrow and let you know.

But just for reference, yes -- the settings tab is at the top of the dashboard. Click on it, and then find "Comments" and click on that. The setting I have it on now is "Full Page". The old setting was "Embed." I think yours is on the "Pop-up Window" setting currently, if I'm not mistaken.

getyourselfconnected said...

Thanks, made the switch.

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin