Friday, September 4, 2009

Can't Believe I'm So Clueless!


So, I was watching the final DVD of the complete Cosby Show box set as first mentioned here, when it dawned on me to look up the guy who plays grandpa Huxtable, Earle Hyman. Imagine my shock when I learned today that he was the voice of Panthro on the Thundercats tv show.

I mean, HOLY CRAP!!!

Did anyone know this? I feel completely stupid right now. I mean, Thundercats was my NUMBER 1 cartoon back in 1985-86. I was a certifiable junkie! And I used to watch the Cosby show all the time, too. Yet, even now watching the entire series back to back it never dawned on me that Hyman was the voice behind my favorite Thundercat after Lion-O.

This is seriously tripping me out. Thinking back on it, it's so OBVIOUS now of course. I can't believe I've missed the connection all this time.

But don't take my word for it, check out the next two videos to hear what I mean.

This first clip is of Earle Hyman in a scene with Bill and Malcolm from the Cosby Show. Take note of the voice:


This next clip is taken from the Thundercats cartoon:


BY THUNDER! LOLOLOL!!!

1 comment:

Kim Kasch said...

By thunder - I think you're right :)

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin