Monday, September 21, 2009

My Feel-Good Weekend.

Had a great, relaxing weekend. Didn't do much. I read some, finished up my latest PS3 game (see the sidebar), and best of all . . . I got to meet an old internet friend! And in the process, I met all her cool writing and editor friends to boot! They were all an awesome bunch of people, including the very gracious host who opened up her beautiful Central Park East home to the gathering. It really was the perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Too bad Lisa had to work and couldn't accompany me. She so much wanted to meet Cindy. I didn't get to take any pictures, unfortunately. I kinda lost track of such things. But I did get Cindy to autograph her new book. Awesome sauce!

This week finds me preparing for Lisa's birthday (tomorrow), and meeting up with an old elementary school friend for drinks after work (Thursday).

And somewhere in the middle of all that I'll be contemplating my next writing project. Either I'll: a) polish up some recently written and unsubmitted short stories; b) write a brand new short story; c) research my upcoming "practice" novel (looking at a late October start date now); or d) the inevitable "all of the above." I say inevitable because, let's face it, you know I'm going to end up trying to do everything at once!

I also have some critiquing to do for my online crit group. So basically, I'll be deep in me writerly cups for the foreseeable short-term future. But that's cool. I do plan to someday get paid to do this stuff, so might as well get comfortable with it now.

Hope you all had a great weekend, too. Summer's almost dead (hooray!) and now on to my favorite time of the year -- Fall and Winter! I'll be in an even more fantastic mood once October hits and the days start getting shorter while the shadows grow even LONGER . . .

1 comment:

cindy said...

i wish i had a chance to meet lisa too! and i'll post fotos of our soiree soon! =DD

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin