Wednesday, September 23, 2009

*GASP* *CHOKE* *HURL*


Well, folks, the apocalypse is upon us. I had heard rumblings of this being discussed, but I had no idea the universe was taking it seriously. Turns out there's no justice in the world after all.

Yup, my most beloved, cultish, favoritist movie of all time is being . . . REMADE!!!

As reported by Mania.com, Summit Entertainment has found a director and producer to spearhead their re-tooling of the 1986 classic, Highlander. And they're the same guys who were behind the latest Fast & Furious film.

Oh god, please end the agony now!

If you're feeling sick to your stomach and tasting something bitter like bile in your mouth, I apologize. To make amends, I'm presenting the trailer for the 1986 movie. It should remind everyone just how awesome the original was and will always be:



And let us remember that no matter what they do to rape our memories, we'll ALWAYS have the definitive Anchor Bay version of this film on DVD!

2 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

Oh my husband loves Highlander stories - something new MIGHT be fun.

I'll have to tell him.

David Batista said...

Well, in that sense, this could be seen as a good thing. Hey, it means more Highlander goodness!

But I think what bothers me is the implied assumption (maybe just by me) that the orginal movie is not good enough to stand on its own.

However, maybe that's not how I should view this news. And actually, when I think about it some more, there *were* things in the original that seem self-defeating in retrospect. Like the winning the Prize at the end thing. Oops, way to kill off any chance of sequels there.

Personally, though, I just wish they would treat the material seriously and with maturity, like some of the better episodes of the tv show did. Somehow I don't think this is how these new guys will see it. *sigh*

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin