Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Mother's Day Reminisce

I thought, in time for Mother's Day, I'd honor the memory of the woman who I only got to know for nine years of my life before she was so cruelly taken away from us one fateful New Year's Day. So, with that in mind, I direct you to an entry I wrote on this blog almost two years ago reminiscing on the tragic--but sometimes fun-filled--life of my mom. Click here to read more.

Some of you have read this already. Others may have not. It's a sad story, so be forewarned.

In the meantime, I want to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all those mothers out there who are doing what they're doing to put their children first. Especially single mothers. Those brave women who struggle to deal with the cruel knocks life can throw your way, yet still manage to put food on the table and send their kids to school with a smile on their faces. More specifically, I want to honor my grandmother and my aunt for raising us after our mother's passing, and for never letting us feel unwelcome or unloved. It is because of them we survived to be reasonably functioning adults.

Hey, I did say "reasonably."

1 comment:

Kim Kasch said...

I also admire women who raise kids alone - and kudos to your grandmother and aunt :)

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin