Friday, December 17, 2010

My Most Anticipated Movie This Month

IGN.com has their review up of True Grit, a movie who's trailer I gushed over here on this blog a while back. You can read the full review by clicking here. Besides giving the film 4.5 out of 5 stars, and calling it "the best Western since Unforgiven," IGN's Jim Vejvoda also had this to say:

"Just when you thought the Coens had made their career best with the neo-Western No Country for Old Men they make this gem. True Grit is one of the top films of 2010, and can now be added to the ranks of Best Picture Oscar front runners such as Inception, The Social Network, The King's Speech and 127 Hours."

I mean -- WOW! I knew this movie was going to be good, but from the sounds of it True Grit is even better than I imagined. I don't think next Wednesday can come fast enough, and I'll almost certainly catch this on opening day.

I'm also especially pleased that the young actress portraying the 14-year old Mattie Ross--newcomer Hailee Steinfeld--is receiving such great praise for her performance:

"Steinfeld is a revelation here . . . [she] simply owns the screen from her very first scene, fast establishing herself as a commanding presence to both the other characters and the viewer. She is smart, tough, vulnerable, funny and has range. It will be very intriguing to see where Steinfeld goes from here professionally as she'll most likely earn an Oscar nomination for her performance."

I had a feeling from watching the trailer that she would be one of the film's many shining gems. Glad to see my hunch may be right. Of course, I'll see for myself come next week. But so far everything about this movie is looking fantastic! And, hey, Barry Pepper is in this one, too!

And speaking of the trailer, I'm going to re-post it below for those of you who haven't seen it and want to know what all the buzz is about. I'll probably have a good time watching that other big December sci-fi movie coming out this week -- but True Grit is what I'm hurtin' to see right now.


No comments:

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin