Friday, December 3, 2010

Three Celeb Crushes In One Movie!


Lisa and I went to see two movies tonight -- Black Swan (posterized above), and The Warrior's Way (pictured way below).

Surprisingly for me, Black Swan was the better movie. It was supremely good, in fact. Save for the ending, which kinda sucked . . . and not just because it wasn't a happy ending, which I can deal with normally. It just seemed tacked on, I guess is the best way to explain it. Done just to be "tragic" like the ballet of Swan Lake which the movie revolves around. At the end of the movie, when I asked Lisa what she took away from the experience, she said: "Why are women always such bitches to each other?"

Yes, why indeed!

But I have to say, one of the biggest highlights of the movie for me was seeing not one, not two -- but THREE of my top Hollywood dream women in the same flick! Natalie Portman (yum!), Mila Kunis (super YUM!), and my all-time fave, Winona Ryder (mega superlicious YUMMY!). Sure, she's crazier than a sack full of cave bats, but damn if this actress doesn't represent everything I find sexy in a woman!



So, yeah, this movie's done good by me. I highly recommend it to you all. Click here to view the trailer if you had no idea such a movie even existed. I believe it's in limited release this week, although I might be wrong. If so, it should see a wider release later in the month I imagine.



As for The Warrior's Way? Eh, no. This is one of those high-fallutin CGI action movies not dissimilar to Kung-Fu Hustle . . . if Kung-Fu Hustle sucked ass. It had its moments, but ultimately the story is so barely there and the characters never truly fleshed out that you walk away from the experience feeling like you wasted your time and money. Which I did, both.

I say: skip this. If you really need to know what this movie is about, check out the trailer by clicking here.

What about you? Did you see any movies worth mentioning this weekend? Or, do either of these two movies interest you? Sound off in the comments section below, please.

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin