One of my Facebook friends twittered some 3-word movie descriptions today.
Here were some of his examples:
Rosebud The Sled. -- Citizen Kane
*I'm* Your Father. -- Empire Strikes Back
To which I chimed in with my own:
Head In Box. -- Se7en.
Heh, heh . . . FUN, right? So, yes, of course I had to go think up a few more of my own. Then, voilà!, I thought: why not put this up on the blog? And now the fun has been passed on to you!
I decided to make a sort-of quiz for movie buffs based around the concept. Below are several 3-word movie descriptions. The answers are hidden to the right of each description. If you think you figured it out, simply highlight over the blank box with your mouse to reveal the correct answer.
Got it? Good. Let's get started:
1) Alien Cockroach King (1997). -- Men In Black
2) Lotion or Hose? (1991). -- Silence of the Lambs
3) Save the Clocktower! (1985) -- Back to the Future
4) Global Warming's COLD! (2004) -- The Day After Tomorrow
5) Dances With Smurfs (2010). -- Avatar
6) Damn Dirty Primates! (1968) -- Planet of the Apes
7) Archer's Now American (1991). -- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
8) Robot Finds Love (2008). -- Wall-E
9) Hobo's A God (2008). -- Hancock
10) Vigilante Scuba Gear (2010). -- Kick-Ass!
11) Accountant Escapes Prison (1994). -- The Shawshank Redemption
12) Dad's My Son (1988). -- Big
13) The Red Pill (1999). -- The Matrix
14) These Fifteen Commandments! (1981) -- History of the World: Part I
15) Ditto To You. (1990) -- Ghost
So, tell me: how well did you do? In the comments below, tell me which ones, if any, you couldn't figure out.
EDIT: I just did a Google search and found out that a website, Sporcle.com, already beat me to this. Click on this link to try their own quiz, which is better than mine. I've scored 16 out of 20 on theirs. See, mine doesn't have a time limit. Darn! I went back and added their technique of putting the year of the movie's release after each one, though, so as to make this just a little bit easier. You can thank Sporcle for that, class.