Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Interwebs Meme Madness (Part 3)

I mentioned before that these were originally meant to be completed on each Sunday, according to the blog Sunday Stealing. But, since I had arrived late to the party, I ended up completing these over the course of the last several days. So pardon me for breaking all the rules like the rebel that I am.

These 100 questions were divided into 3 parts. If you would like, click on Part 1 and Part 2 to view my answers to the first 67.

And, as always, please feel free to ask me in the comments below to elaborate on any particular response. Many of my answers have stories that go along with them.

In any event . . . now on to the next batch of questions!


PART 3
 
 
68. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?
So many to choose from. But, in the end, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! Yes, Highlander: The Series, imo, is the finest television show ever produced. I miss it so much!


69. WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO DEAL WITH PEOPLE THAT YOU DON'T LIKE?
I'm a big believer in ignoring. No one gives the cold shoulder better than I do. No one.


70. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Strawberry. Chocolate's a close runner-up, but when it's done right . . . nothing beats the strawberry. Yummmmm!


71. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES?
On Earth I do, but not according to my homeworld.


72. SO IS IT GOING TO BE THE STEELERS OR THE PACKERS?
Before the Super Bowl I was already rooting for the Pack. Now I'm ecstatic! I'm so very delighted they defeated the hated Steelers.


73. PLANS FOR TONIGHT?
Workout for an hour. Eat in front of the tv for another hour. Then write for the remainder of the night. The wife works the night shift today, so I'm on my own. And as you can see, I'm a paint the town red kind of guy.


74. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO LIVE WHEN YOU RETIRE?
Wherever I happen to be living anyway. By the time I retire, that may be on the moon or under the ocean. Who knows?


75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
Why would I? You're all on your own, folks!


76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?
J.S. Bach's "Brandenburg" concertos. That's right, I took it back old school to the 20s -- the 1720s, that is!


77. LAST THING YOU DRANK?
Water. I drink over 3 liters a day. Very rarely do I drink anything else.


78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My good friend from college, Cintra.


79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE SEX(ES) YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO?
Eyes. It's always the eyes. Not the color or shape, but they're expressiveness.


80. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO IN YOUR SPARE TIME?
Write fiction to sell, and play video games.


81. FAVORITE THING TO HATE?
Any kind of ethnic pride. Black, White, Latino, etc . . . I loathe it all.


82. FAVORITE SEASON OF THE YEAR?
It used to be Fall, because up where I went to school in Vermont, Falls were real Falls--crisp and cool! Down here in NYC lately, Falls are too hot and stuffy. So now I have to say Winter is my favorite. The colder the better.


83. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF CANDY?
Hershey bar with almonds. For some reason, every year I get a major craving for them in March when the weather transitions from Winter to Spring. Don't know why, but for about 3 weeks there I have to have a Hershey almonds bar almost every single day. Don't much care for candy the rest of the year.


84. HAVE YOU EVER REALLY AND TRULY HAD A BEST FRIEND?
I've been blessed to actually have two! Two friends who have been like brothers to me, and whom I cannot place above the other. The first one I've known since the 4th grade. The second one, since just before the 9th. In some real ways, I would never have made it through life without 'em!


85. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR?
Weird. It's black in certain lighting. But in reality--particularly if I'm standing under the sun--you'll see that my hair is actually very dark brown. My father's hair was black, while my mother's was blonde. Black is always dominant!


86. EYE COLOR?
Dark brown. When I was a kid, they were more hazel. My mother's eyes were blue, so this might explain that.


87. SHOE SIZE?
For sneakers and some boots, 11.5. But for dress shoes or fancy cowboy-type boots, I'm a size 12.


88. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE?
Wendy's all the way! Although, the amount of times I eat fast food in a year can literally be counted on one hand. But, yeah, Wendy's has the best fries and nuggets!


89. FAVORITE RESTAURANT?
We don't have one favorite fancy restaurant. To be honest, that's a rotating door of choices. But in terms of your typical "mall" eatery, it would have to be Applebee's. Over the years I've grown quite sick of places like Chili's or TGI Fridays, but my wife and I have many fond memories there from back in the day.


90. DO YOU LIKE SUSHI?
I can tolerate it. But, no, not really. I'm not big on any type of seafood, let alone raw.


91. WATCH TV TODAY?
Yup. I watch mostly historical or nature documentaries. Today, however, had a Pawn Stars marathon on the History Channel, so I watched a ton of that.


92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
In truth, every day is the same to me. Not even my own birthday is all that special.


93. PLAY ANY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS?
When I was kid, I played the baritone horn in the school band. But I always wanted to learn the violin.


94. POLITICAL PARTY?
Democratic. My entire family is Republican, though. We're not very political-leaning, so no fights.


95. KISSES OR HUGS?
I'm assuming you mean among friends or acquaintances? I guess hugs. The only people I'm comfortable kissing at all are my wife and my grandma.


96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS?
I could never do a one night stand. She could be the most gorgeous girl in the world, and that would be nice and all. But personality is what gets me really hot and bothered. Either you have one that's compatible, or you don't. The latter means no chance in hell!


97. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?
An iPhone for my wife. Was meant to be a surprise, but she was about to go pre-order one herself. So I had to break the news to her and ruin Valentine's Day!


98. WOULD YOU EVER BE A HOUSE SPOUSE?
My wife is a Nurse Practitioner -- she makes a helluva lot more money than I do! I'm too pragmatic to not be a house spouse if one of us absolutely had to quit their job and stay home (like, say, with the kids). Male ego be damned!


99. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
Who Fears Death, by Nnedi Okorafor.


100. DESCRIBE YOUR LOVE LIFE:
Uh, you might not have noticed, but I'm married. So the correct response is: what is this thing you call "love life?" No, but seriously . . . in one word, it's: EXHAUSTING! :)

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Your answers made me laugh. OUT LOUD. :)
What a great "Early" Valentine's gift for your wife!

David Batista said...

Glad you enjoyed them, Yvonne! And, yes . . . some years its handbags and shoes for V-Day, and some years I gift her useful, techie swag. Not to imply that shoes and bags are not, ahem, "useful" :)

The Frisky Virgin said...

Loved your answers. I can relate on the seafood--I just don't like it. Sushi--can't do it. And, yeah, I'm on the water kick now--it's getting easier. I was all about the soda, but I'm thrilled now to have moved to water--I feel better because of it. And MAJOR props to you for not doing the one-night stand thing--I know plenty of guys who have qualms about it. :(

David Batista said...

Yeah, I read about your experience with those scumbags. Those aren't real "guys" at all, just insecure little boys.

As for the water, I used to be a huge soda junkie too a while back. That all stopped when I had a major life-altering experience that forced me to change my entire view on personal health. It's a long story, but if you or anyone else wants to read it, the first segment is here:

http://davidjbatista.blogspot.com/2009/01/dark-time-in-my-life-part-1.html

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin