Friday, February 25, 2011

Dead Island Trailer Parody

Okay, now normally I wouldn't want to keep bugging folks reading this blog about the same thing so often . . . but I just had to post up this vid of Toby Turner's (aka, Tobuscus) latest installment to his "Literal Trailers" line of promo parodies. This time he's poking fun at the most recent Dead Island trailer, which I first talked about just last week.

The gag behind Literal Trailers is that Toby takes the footage and music from the trailer, and then sings his own interpretation in the same melody to exactly what's taking place up on the screen -- in other words, a *literal* translation of the trailer. It's HILARIOUS!

But first off, before watching the literal version, refresh your memories by watching the original Dead Island trailer.

All set? Cool. Now watch Toby's version below:





I swear, it was SO hard for me to keep a straight face through this. I was in "literal" pain after it was over. OMG, was not expecting to laugh so much so early in the morning! My favorite part? "Prin-cess . . . of Persia" LOL! You have to be a gamer to get the reference, but it's so spot-on funny!

You know, I'm not so sure how humorous this would be to anyone else on second thought. But it was to me, and this is my blog, so therefore -- SUCK IT!

No, no. I don't mean that. You don't have to suck it, or even find the trailer funny. But if you do, and if you would like more where that came from, head on over to Toby's website. Or check out his "Tobuscus" site on Youtube, which collects all of his vids in one handy place.

I recommend taking a look at the literal trailer for the game Dead Space 2, also. Again, before watching it, you might want to first watch the original trailer for Dead Space 2 here. Then check out the Tobuscus version here. I think the Dead Island one is funnier, personally. But the DS2 one is pretty hilarious in its own right.

Heh, heh.

4 comments:

KLo said...

I can very rarely say this and mean it, but ... ROTFLMAO :-)

David Batista said...

Haha! Glad you found it funny, too! Watching it a second time, I'm still dying from laughter here. :)

Yvonne said...

Muahahaha! I'm going to get in trouble for laughing so loud in the office! :)

David Batista said...

LOL! That was me at the office, too! I'm afraid I let out a little gasp and snicker here and there, even though I tried so hard to keep it in. I just couldn't help it. :)

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin