With your Internet service provider (ISP), that is?
Here, go to this website to test the speed of your Internet connection:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Now, see if your results match what your ISP claims you should be getting. If your actual speed doesn't match up favorably with their quoted offerings, then you should get them to credit your account. You shouldn't be paying full price for a gimped Internet connection.
No, seriously, don't let them get away with this BS. Some cable Internet providers, for instance, are banking on customer ignorance to keep this practice going in secret. They might even blame your hardware, or loose wiring or some such nonsense. Don't let them. This is something they do to free up bandwidth for other higher profile or more educated customers to consume. Don't be left behind!
Luckily for me, Cablevision listened and did as I asked. I was going to threaten them with leaving for Verizon FiOS, too. But turns out I didn't need to.
Still, I'm going to be switching to FiOS at some point within the year, anyway, as more and more neighborhoods in the Bronx get setup for it.
I so can't wait for that day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular On This Blog
-
Kids are aware of a great many things going on around them than most adults realize. Especially the unpleasant things. I'm often amaze...
-
( Ep. 1 -- "Winter is Coming" reactions. ) So here we are, episode 2 of Game of Thrones: "The Kingsroad." I actuall...
-
As many of you already know, I'm a HUGE fan of Highlander. The first movie is in my top 10 of favorite all-time flicks, but the tv sh...
-
Last year during our very first trip to Paris, I made it a point of identifying and locating as many filming locations for Highlander: The S...
-
It's been a fun 4 weeks leading up to this 5th episode, but now it's time to get serious! If I'm remembering the books correct...
Great tip, thanks!!! :)
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome, Frisky!
ReplyDelete