Well, like I said I would, here is Part 2 of this ongoing Q&A meme. Even though I've done a number of these over the years I've been maintaining this blog, each new one reveals more zany facts about myself to those who might be interested. I especially like being asked to elaborate upon certain answers, so please don't be shy about asking down in the comments section. I promise I'll explain whatever you want me to.
And if you have not yet read Part 1 of this particular meme, click on this link to go back and, well, do so.
Also, I'm aware that number 36 is missing. I've searched all the preceding sources of this meme for it, but no one seems to know where it is. Oh, well.
In any event . . . now on to the next batch of questions!
34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF YOUR HOME COUNTRY?
Yes, many times. Favorite countries so far are: France, Turkey, Italy, and the Bahamas. Still many, many more to visit.
Kyrptonian meteor rocks.
37. FIRST JOB?
Age 14. Part of a work crew painting 4 miles of lampposts, fire hydrants, and emergency alarms along a main thoroughfare in the South Bronx. Oh, did I mention this was in baking July heat, while being pelted by all sorts of trash from tenement residents above us? Yeah. Good times!
38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
Too many to count. I was a bored kid.
39. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE OUT THERE HAS A SOUL MATE?
No such thing. But I do believe that there are plenty of people out there who are very compatible with any one person at any given place or time. You may or may not find one of these matches. No invisible force guarantees that you will, however.
40. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE [THIS MEME]?
Seeking out new life and new civilizations, boldly.
41. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY?
42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
My ability to express the mathematical constant of Pi to at least 50,000 fractional digits. No, wait . . . my shoulders. Women seem to like my shoulders.
43. HAVE YOU EVER HAD BRACES?
No, never. I had enough trauma growing up wearing glasses. Thankfully, my teeth have always been perfect.
44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
I'm married to her.
45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT AND WHAT DO YOU WANT THEIR NAMES TO BE? (OR IF YOU HAVE KIDS, TELL US ABOUT THEM.)
Pick a number from zero to zero. Their names will be: Dunno, Something, Um . . . and Lenny.
46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
King David from the Bible. I used to think this was cool. Then I read the Bible, and realized he was a two-timing, murdering, jealous scumbag. Yikes!
47. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST TURN OFF OF THE SEX(ES) YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO?
A woman who hates children or can't get along with them. Something's wrong there.
48. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU LIKED ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL?
When I was given a piece a paper written in Latin, then told I would never have to come back.
49. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE?
Pantene Pro V for Men. Scared yet?
50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I type up even grocery lists.
51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Maple honey-glazed turkey. Although I almost never eat lunch meat.
52. ANY BAD HABITS?
These aren't the droids you're looking for . . . move along.
53. ARE YOU A JEALOUS PERSON?
It's hard to be jealous when no one's better than you.
54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
No. Look back at number 53 -- he's a cocky sonuvabitch, ain't he?
55. DO YOU AGREE WITH FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS?
If my friend can predict the future, then hell yeah I agree with the benefit of him hooking me up with those winning lotto numbers.
56. DO LOOKS MATTER?
Only to the extent needed to determine basic hygiene and sanity of the other party. Otherwise, not very much.
57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
The cemeteries of the world are filled with . . . oh, video games. Yes, that.
58. WOULD YOU RATHER GAIN 58 POUNDS OR LOSE 58 POUNDS?
Gain 58 pounds. I would probably die from severe renal failure if I were to suddenly drop 58 pounds. But, OTOH, losing excess weight is extremely easy.
59. WHAT'S YOUR MAIN GOAL IN LIFE?
To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women. But I'd take a nice beach villa in southern France barring all that.
60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
The power socket. Never got old. WHOOOO!
61. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE?
Not including the area code, only three. No, seriously.
62. WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A LITTLE KID?
Barney Miller? Barney Rubble? Barney the albino serial killer, scourge of the lower East Side? If the last one, I heard he took on a secret identity as a costumed actor in a kids show during the 90s. That takes real balls, if you ask me.
63. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Pfft! Whaaaa? Me????
64. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE?
Mac n cheese. I'm not a fan of formless, mushy foods. I should find out why one of these days . . .
65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A LOVER?
66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
I have none. The name's David. Nothing more, nothing less.
67. FAVORITE SUPER POWER?
Self-regulating invincibility from all adverse aggressors. When you really think hard on it, this is the best and only super power you'll ever need.
Click here to read Part 3 of this meme.