Friday, August 21, 2009

Have I Mentioned How Much I LUVS My iPhone?


There's simply no limit to what Apple's phone can do, as evidenced by yet another "must have" app now available through its iTunes store. Case in point, the "Story Tracker" app.

Aspiring speculative fiction writer and part-time apps creator, Andrew Nicolle, designed this program to keep track of his short story submissions. As someone who's in the same bind as Andrew, I know all too well how confusing and time-consuming the process can become. All I have to say is: God bless you, Mr. Nicolle! :)

Story Tracker allows the budding writer to input the titles of completed works, the markets they're being submitted to, the date of submission, whether or not the MS was rejected, and a ton of other useful tracking info. When you have more than one story out to different magazine publishers, this is a vital tool for making sure you don't get your wires crossed, so to speak.

I already have a rudimentary Word doc which I use to keep track of my submissions, but this is light-years better! And anything that gives me another excuse to whip out my iPhone and make good use of the exorbitant service bill I willingly pay each month is a bonus point in my book.

I've only just purchased the full app, so I haven't had a chance yet to put it through its paces. But from the little I did try out, this is going to be a lifesaver I can tell.

If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, and you're finding it troublesome keeping track of all your story submissions, I'd wager to say you'll find Andrew's program a godsend as well. Click on the link to his website above, or go to the iTunes Apps store and check out the app for yourself. If you don't want to plunk down the full $9.99, Andrew has a "lite" version available for free that you can pitter around with and judge on your own terms.

When I get home from work tonight, I think I'll be devoting an hour or so to imputing all my relevant info. As I'm just on the verge of sending out 4 or 5 brand new and polished stories of my own, I can't wait to try this out "in the field." :)

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin