Sunday, August 23, 2009

Awesome Weekend Box Office Haul!

I'm so happy to see that Quentin Tarantino's new movie, Inglourious Basterds, cleaned up the box office this weekend. But even more amazing is that it's poised to have earned $37.6 million for it's debut 3 days, according to this AP article. That's QT's best opening ever! Even better than Kill Bill, which I find surprising.

Hmm, I'm gonna have to really check this one out. I had planned to catch it this past Friday, but things came up. Then I was supposed to watch it today, but that never happened. Now I've *got* to see this sometime after work this week. I love everything this man has put out, most especially Death Proof, which a lot of people dog for no good reason. So I'm already sold on the "Basterds," heh heh.

The other piece of good news is that last weekend's winner, District 9, slipped to 2nd place with an additional $18.9 million, yet is still ahead of G.I. Joe. Hows that for amazing? A cheap, relatively low-budget film beating the pants off of a bloated, over self-indulgent summer action "blockbuster"? Just goes to show you what a great story, solid directing, and excellent acting can get you.

Rock on!

2 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

Oh the last Quintin T. movie I saw was Dark until Dusk or something like that. I hated it - even with George Clooney in it as eye candy - no plot, all gore, no acting. And, I love vampire films-seriously that show was a nightmare - I'm a little, make that a lot, hesitant to see another QT film.

David Batista said...

Tsk, tsk Kim. LOL! As I told you the last time you brought this up, From Dusk Till Dawn was not a Quentin Tarantino movie. It was directed by Robert Rodriguez. QT was one of the writers, though. And of course, he starred in the movie too. But it was RR's baby.

Personally, I liked that movie. But not enough to sing its praises.

Let me ask you: what do you personally consider to be the best vampire movie you've seen?

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin